6.19.2011

And we're off...

So I’ve been kicking around this idea of starting a blog.  I confess, I’ve always wanted to be that funny, witty and loveable blog spot.  But let’s be real, I’m definitely not that cool and definitely not brilliant with words.  But even more than that, I never had a purpose to blog.  If I’m honest, my intentions would be all about me.  How cute I would want you to think I am and perfect I would want you to believe my life is.  But lately I started thinking, what if this girl was honest.  Honest about this season of life, those insecurities that hold us back and keep us paralyzed, those repeated hang-ups that we wonder if we will ever beat, and the times of loneliness that seem to creep in at the strangest moments. Yup, life is just messy sometimes.

What if there could be a place of refuge and rest where us girls know we’re not the only one on this journey…or maybe even selfishly speaking, that I would know I’m not the only one.  But also, what if this could be a place we can celebrate being daughters of the highest King and this incredible role He has given us in His Kingdom and for His glory!  A place where we laugh at how complex, yet simple we are, and stand in awe of the One whose image we bear.  And a place where the lies of this world would be silenced and the anthem of God’s truth would transform our hearts and minds.  I’m just dreaming here, but what if…

Maybe I’m making a much bigger deal out of this—yes I realize, I have a massive tendency to be a bit dramatic.  And maybe this is just something I really want for myself so I am roping you in with me too.  But I can’t deny something has been different about this past year of my life.  It’s been a new season for me... one of a lot of reflection, many first steps, many tears, and even more praises.  It has been rich.  And as I look back I see seeds of confidence, humble strength, and beauty that have sprouted from this heart of mine.

So here I go… here we go… and more than anything, I hope this blog is an encouragement, a place of celebration, and most importantly a place where our eyes are lifted up to our Savior and His majesty.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you come again soon. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey buddy!!! I'm so excited you're going to blog :) I miss you and your beautiful heart for the Lord! Now I'll get to be a part of your life again, through you sharing your heart here :) That was my goal, as well, when I started my blog. I haven't written since Christmas (oops), but plan to start back soon! love you pal! Shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sea Shell! I miss you too my friend... we really gotta remedy this fast! The distance between Bham and ATL is way too close to have gone this long without a weekend together. Keep me posted on your blog too buddy...I would just love to stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to keep reading! Welcome to the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Em!! You've inspired me on many levels my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete