7.06.2011

Festivals, Fireworks and Freedom...

Holidays are one of the many things that makes this life so abundant to me.  I believe any reason to celebrate is a good one and the 4th of July is definitely at the top of my list!  This weekend was just that- one of much celebration- with family, friends, and over 60,000 strangers (aka the Peachtree Road Race). 

One of the highlights was a road trip to the 10th Annual Sunflower Farm Festival with my buddy Kaylee!  Does summer time get any better than that?  I think not.  

Here are a few of my favorite memories and views...


That's Kaylee... pretty much the epitome of beautiful.  By now she must think I'm a freak, because every time I see her I can't help but tell her how gorgeous she is!  And as if that isn't enough, she is a lover of the Lord, an encourager, a comforter, a devoted friend, and one that puts your heart at rest in her presence.

It was love at first sight as we pulled up to this charming entrance...


This little man was jammin on his "air mandolin" and having the time of his life...


Welcome to the sunflower fields!  Reason #537 I love living in the South...








And jusssst as we were about to grab our cutters to bring home one of these magnificent blooms...

the heavens opened....

and a moment later we found ourselves with this very unfortunate view....


Curses!!  But even though we had to drive an hour to get there, those 20 minutes of sunflower bliss were well worth the trip.  Sunflower Farm Festival, we will see you next year!

...I can't help but share a few more from the weekend...


In other news, Dad now has a gun rack.  He's pretty proud of it, and so am I- he built two of those puppies himself.  That night I walked away with a 30 minute lesson in all things BULLETS!  Who knew there was so much to learn about bullets?!  Maybe that's how guys feel about the many styles of shoes a girls gotta have. :)

Dad's also a firework fanatic.  Rain or shine the show must go on!


Without a doubt I am proud to be an American.  But even more so, I am grateful to be an American. Thank you to all the unsung heroes and their families that have sacrificed more than I can ever imagine for this gift of freedom, for I know it isn't free.

Sleep tight America...


2 comments:

  1. Where was the festival? So stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, it's right outside Madison, GA. Like seriously stinkin' cute! You guys should totally check it out! The festival was only last weekend, but the fields are open year round. www.sunflowerfarmfestival.com

    ReplyDelete