7.17.2011

Part 2: Oaks of Righteousness...

This weekend I moved into a new house that I’ll be sharing with three other incredible girls!  Yayy!  It’s so exciting and something I have been looking forward to for many weeks now.  I will definitely post pictures and introduce you to all of them— they are amazing!  And this house of ours couldn’t be more perfect inside and out.  As I pulled up the other night I found myself marveling at the oak tree that it’s nestled in.  It is a mighty mighty tree.  The circumference of the trunk alone would take all four of us to join hands in order to give it a big ol’ hug.  It is evident that this stunning work of creation has seen much in its lifetime.

It’s so crazy to think that the majesty, splendor, and strength of that beautiful oak came from one itty-bitty baby acorn.  And after many seasons of life, through the "deaths" of winter and the "births" of spring, that small seed grew into this mighty tree with deep, strong roots.  Phew, talk about perseverance!
 
A few days ago I was sharing Isaiah 61:1-3 with you and how I’m asking God to make those words the anthem of my life.  I marvel at how He can take our brokenness and darkness and make something beautiful from it.  But as if that isn’t enough, He takes us one step further.  Check out what’s next…

“They [We] will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of His splendor.

[We] will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;
[We] will renew the ruined cities
that have been devastated for generations."

Isaiah 61:4

Yes please!!  That is what I long for the Lord to do in our lives and through our lives.  That as He replaces our darkness, captivity, death, and despair with His freedom, beauty, peace, and praise we would grow into "...oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."

I pray with each new season our roots would continue to go deeper and deeper in the soil of the Lord and bring forth a wellspring of life for His name's sake and the restoration of generations old and new.

So welcome to The Splendid Acorn, that's me...that's us.  I’m so glad you are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment